I was in a "finishing" mood this weekend. I counted up my wips, quips, and not-yet-started-but-long-over-due idea thingys, and felt a little overwhelmed.
My hexagon park quilt (aka hexagon crush) has sat patiently on the shelf since I finished quilting waaaaay back in march. I could say it was waiting for the perfect binding fabric, but I found that back in June. Really, I was slacking. So I quickly finished up the binding on Sunday morning so I could get it in the wash and make use of the lovely sunny day to dry it outside.
This was the biggest mistake I have ever made (in my quilting life).
I used no less than 6 colour catchers in the wash. But still, my once beautiful striking white quilt is now a dubious shade of pinky-red courtesy of the non-prewashed red backing fabric, from Dunelm. Total error. I could have cried.
So I have it soaking in cold water, for fear of it drying and setting like that. And I have bought 6 packets of Dylon Colour Run Remover in the hopes that it can be salvaged. Any and all ideas welcome with this one... I fear it may be beyond help!